What makes us different / better?
St. David’s Bradbury Day Centre is an established voluntary organisation with a high reputation for providing a welcoming, stimulating, non-institutional social and health care service for frail older people with multiple mental health/physical problems such as stroke and dementia, their carers and extended families.
- We provide specially developed premises situated at the heart of the community
- Listening and responding to the needs of the services users and their carers
- Undertake consultation meetings with service users on a quarterly basis to ensure that the day care service is developed appropriately
- Open seven days a week
- Providing opportunities for service users to develop their interests and skills
- Rehabilitation of service users
- Active promotion of independence which together with rehabilitation allows service users to make the most of their capabilities and to minimise their dependence on others.
- Well trained staff team & volunteers
- A good network of support services and information
- Providing opportunities to socialise and have fun
- Making representations on behalf of elderly people
- Providing Carers with support and daytime respite
- Providing transport with a trained passenger assistant to and from the Centre each day for those residing within the transport catchment area.
- Promoting local health initiatives