Would you like to join us?
Vacancy – Board of Trustees
6 Board meetings per year, Expenses paid
St David’s Bradbury Day Centre is an established voluntary organisation with a high reputation for providing a welcoming, stimulating non-institutional social and health care service for frail older people with multiple mental health/physical problems such as stroke and dementia, their carers and extended families. We have been providing these services for almost 30 years. During 2016 we successfully applied for registration with the Care Inspectorate.
St. David’s is a financially healthy organisation with an annual income of £224,000, delivering a local authority contract, and we balance this with grants, fundraising and from donations.
We are looking for committed individuals with a knowledge of:
- Financial management/Accounting
- Human Resources and Employment Law
- Understanding of the challenges facing the Voluntary Sector
- Older peoples services
- An understanding of strategic financial planning and management
- Understanding of governance in the public or private sectors
- Prior experience of committee’/trustee work
- Knowledge of the type of work undertaken by the organisation
- Awareness of the voluntary sector
- The ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to analyse information
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- An ability to network and be an ambassador for the Trust
- Willingness to devote the time and effort necessary
- Capacity and evidence of understanding and support for the concept of a non-profit organisation.
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to St. David’s, please contact our Chair, Sheilagh Law by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy – Centre Volunteer
Are you interested in working with older people?
Are you a good listener and able to work as part of a team?
St. David’s require Centre Volunteers to work alongside the day centre staff and existing volunteers on a Saturday or Sunday between 10am & 3pm, this volunteer position will involve supporting our elderly service users, assisting with meals and refreshments, helping with activities and outings.
Full training will be given.
If you are interested please contact the centre on 0131 660 1285 or 0131 663 8195.